N25 43.556 W80 14.279
Left Lake Worth at sunset and proceeded about two miles offshore.
We found ourselves in a 2.5 kt north setting current in with a 10kt northerly creatin steep seas. Moved back to within 0.5 miles off shore and plotted a new route, 0.5 to 1 miles offshore staying in 30-80 feet of water. Seas moderated significantly, but rain pesisted for the remainder of the trip.
Motored till midnight as north east seas overwhelmed light northerly winds then sailed on a pleasant beam reach until the wind died. Were well ahead of schedule and nearing the Port of Miami when the wind picked up again so sailed under double reefed main with engine idle until we reached the ship anchorage a around 05:30. Waited for sunrise and the last of the flood untio 07:30 when we passed through Governer’s cut in perfectly calm conditions.
Now on a mooring ball at Coconut Grove Sailing Club.